From:
Date:
Sun, 3 May 1998 23:45:33 -0700
>From:    Melinda Wood <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Are Ferrets Legal in Jacksonville/Dis-Colored ferrets
>We also went to a flea market/animal swap this weekend.  We got there late
>and missed all the good stuff, but they still had two ferrets left.  They
>looked young(older than pet store age), were really good sized (not whimpy
>like my MF ferret), but I noticed even though they were both sables their
>coates were really orange.  They kind of looked like they were stained.

These are likely to be whole hobs that have been in season and/or kept
outside.  Both contribute to this type of coloring.

>From:    "Dale E. Miller" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Status in VA/Thinning Coat
>My spouse and I expect to move to the Fredericksburg/Dahlgren area of VA
>in the next few months.  Does anyone know if ferrets are legal there?

Ferrets are legal throughout Virginia (as far as we know).  That part of
Virginia puts you just South of the "center" of ferret activity in the
country.  If you are there by June 6th the AFA's Ferret Expo is help maybe
an hour North in New Carrolton Maryland.  If not then you should be there
in time for the AFA's Holiy Ferret Expo in December!  We could cross paths
after you get to our state!  We used to live just a bit North in
Woodbridge/Dale City but have moved to the Shendoah Valley.  Welcome!

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]