From:
Erci Nolan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:56:45 -0400
Help.

I spend most of my time lurking on this list, so I know you don't really
know me.  I've had ferrets for almost 7 years, but I have run into a
challenge that I cannot keep up with.  I recently adopted two neutered male
ferrets, now about 9 months old, from a friend of a co-worker.  They were
fine at first.  Now they have developed some really bad habits and I do not
have the time or patience to handle it any more.  I really like the little
guys, but I can't keep up with their messes and destructive behavior.  I've
used all the methods I have on my past 7 ferrets to no avail.  They will
not, use the litter box, keep their food in the bowl ( they have to drag the
bowl into the poo and dump it), one of them won't stop nipping (although
that is getting better).  When they are out they dig up the carpet, climb
the shelves to get into the plants, bite through whatever they can,
including shoes and toes.

I've never had this kind of problem before and I'm at a loss to keep up.
Both my husband and I work full time, I can't stay home to correct them as
often as they obviously need.

I live in Northern Va.  If anyone has suggestions for a good adoption site
or a way to achieve radical behavior modifications I would really appreciate
it.

Thanks.  I'll watch the list for respnses, but please contact me directly if
you can help.

Erci Nolan - frustrated and frazzled.