From:
Scott Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 15:56:15 EDT
Usually we use "Good Mews" recycled paper product litter for the fuzz
butts..oh and by the way..if you live anywhere in the west where WinCo
makets exist...the price for the stuff is incredibly low...$5-6.00 for a
HUGE bag that usually sells at Petco etc. for $15. or more (and the WinCo
bags are bigger).  The litter is manufactured in Oregon...but I digress...

Wife is trying one of the silica gel litter products that are out under
various names.  They originally appeared as the "ball bearing" sized cat
litter that was good for a month or so.  The furts loved those little ball
bearings and soon they were everywhere so we ceased using it...even for the
catz.  Now the silica stuff is out in a flake format that the snoozels are
disinterested in.  My question is...is it safe for the kids?  If not, why?
(just my usual inquisitiveness).

AND we use one of the many bacterial/enzymatic odor nuetralizers that
are out there...the latest one called "Out!"... Ingrediants listed as
non-pathogenic bacteria, natural enzymes and mild detergent.  I am digging
deeper to try and find out just what the bacteria are...as well as the
enzymes and detergent.  There is a warning onthe label to "keep out of
reach of children" and that sends up a flag to me.  Any comment out
there???  We spray it over the litter pan contents and some gets on the
pan sidewalls where it drys.  Snozzles being what they are and licking
virtually everything at least once...are there possible effects???

putorius and the gang of 11 notorius thieves