From:
the bobster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 00:20:31 -0700
HI List

Today we added two ferrets to our existing pair of happy and buster.

The two new ferrets are meeko "shark" and cuba "never did care much for
ferrets".

We adopted them from West Valley Wuzzles....
(http://www.wuzzles.com/ferrets/).

Thanks Kevin and Julie .(I mean that in a very nice way)(Ihad to add this
after I read what I had written.....it sounded a little whiney)

Presently, we have buster,happy and meeko all asleep in the big cage.

Cuba is in the old cage .

Cuba acts like she's afraid of all ferrets, including Meeko.  Meeko didn't
help much by acting like he had never seen a another ferret before,or
thinking this is the neatest play thing I have ever seen.  Cuba can run
about a thousand miles per hour so between that and the fact she is a third
of Meeko's size, she had no problem evading.  Also when she weasal war
dances she must go about three feet into the air.

It was pretty hectic for a while with the four ferrets all running and
chasing at the same time.

It looks like Happy is trying out for the " Mean old Lady in Charge"...beat
up Cuba and had Meeko running for cover after a couple of "Vulcan Death "
bites to the back of the neck .Meeko out weighes her at least two to one
and is twice her size.  During all this Cuba ended up cowering under the
family room couch, that got noisey and exciting when the other three
ferrets, playing chase went under the couch also.  It sounded like weasels
dying under there!

Buster and Meeko fought for a few minutes and the decided they are buddies
and went for a beer and a football game.

Cuba simply freaks out and chirps like a bird or does a barking bite deal
at everyone else.  She loves to be handled but not a ferret type ferret
yet.  Running around again.... Hope she will mellow.

Well WWIII just broke out in the big cage....Happy and Meeko .....The old
lady kicking butt again....... I'll Let them all run again and see if they
can work something out.

Originally we were going to try to intro them slowly but with Meeko , Cuba
and our two making three warring camps we decided to brute force the issue.

Also there has been the passing something from the new to old, sickness
wize, factor; the three camp issue is there again....so I keyed on the fact
that the bunch of ferrets we saw at the Wuzzle place were healthy and
happy....so turn them loose.

Meeko is about six months old, also a late neuter......happy and buster
were a year or so when my daughter bot them, having a giant "teenager "
is an eye-opener.

What a wonderfull powerhouse !

He is presently digging in the large potting soil container while hanging
over the edge by his back legs, a truely marvelous monster.

We hope we can get them all to socialize.......just hope it won't take
months, as in some posts.

Things just got awfully quiet....best see what is wrong.

The old guys all sacked out and Meeko is back digging in the dirt.....

Things are great !

bob lipinski