From:
Justine Jennifer Oko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 14:39:48 -0400
Hi everyone!  This is my first time posting on the FML so let me introduce
myself.  My name is Justine, and my huband Jimmy and I got a ferret almost 4
months ago.  Our cute, little fuzzy girl is named Spirit.

Spirit and I also read the Ferret BBs every day, and we've found that some
people are angered by the fact that I buy scoopable litter for my two
kitties and Spirit.  Blockages, dry pads on the feet, etc.  I would change
Spirit's litter if I thought it would make a difference, but she'd use the
cat's litter box anyway.  So far, I haven't seen any problem with using this
litter.  She doesn't play in, and I've never found it stuck in between her
toes or anything.  Usually when she jumps out of the litter box the first
thing she does is rub herself all over the rug!  Anyway, enough on that..
onto my next subject, which is...

To cage or not to cage?  For the most part, Spirit has free run of the
apartment, sometimes even when we're out shopping or whatever.  I've ferret
proofed our home as much as possible, and from what I can tell, she seems to
sleep whenever we're not here.  I usually put her in her cage when i go to
bed though, but at any other time she practically rips her teeth out of her
mouth trying to remove the cage door!  If there are any vets or experts out
there that can help me resolve these two issues, I'd really appreciate it!

One more thing.  I've seen quite a few posts about the clear dryer tubing.  I
have the address and phone number, but does anyone know of a manufacturer
closer to the NC area that might carry it?  I can only imagine how much it
costs to buy the tubing and then ship it too!  Anyway, thanks for any input
and thank you also for all the wonderful ferret stories I've been enjoying!

Justine, Jimmy, and Spirit, the super ferret!