From:
Carrie Paps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 14:12:17 -0400
Ok, let me say first off that I'm sorry I not said anything wonderful about
my 11 fuzzbutts.  A lot of people have made comments on asking for money
for vet bills and such, most have supported the idea that if you can help,
help, if you can't, than don't.  My home situation came upon me rather
quickly.  Many things added up to make my life out of control, but the one
wonderful thing that is still in my life is my fuzzies.

I can't tell you the joy they bring me or my husband.  How he asks me how
they are doing and if I can "sneak" one into the hospital to see him.  He
misses them, they give him a reason to fight, they give me the
unconditional love that I don't get from anyone else but my husband.  I'm
sorry to say that my family is not supportive at this time, and his family
basically tells me that they are there for me, but yet they lean on me for
their support.  Please don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything they
have done for us, but sometimes I need a little for myself, and they
fuzzies give that to me.

I was luckily enough to find $5 the other day in a winter coat, I went to
the dollar store and got some hand towels and two oven mitts, I made new
hammocks from the hand towels (to replace the ones with holes in them) for
the kids and gave the oven mitt to Angel for her to curl up in (she is such
a tiny little thing).  My office began a "coin collection" for me to help
me pay for Angel and Pip's surgery.  I'm happy to say that I have enough
money for Angel's surgery.  It was scheduled for Tuesday, but it seems
that Angel, Thor, and Luna have all caught my bronchitis and until she is
back to 100%, I will hold off on the surgery.  I have been giving them
Children's Benadryl and they are doing fine, eating, pooping, peeing,
sleeping.  I also checked with the vet and he agrees that for now,
antibiotics aren't necessary.  (P.S., my wonderful doctor gave me all free
samples of my antibiotics and cough syrup to help me save money, there are
so many wonderful people in this world !)

Cute things my fuzzies have done lately....came home the other night, dead
tired, all I wanted to do was sleep, went into their room and found 11
little faces looking at me begging to come out.  Of course, what could I do
but open up all the cages and let the fun begin.  I laid down on the couch
figuring that they would run around on the floor playing and ignoring me,
NOT, I ended up with 11 fuzzies climbing all over me, in my shirt, up my
pants, cleaning my ears, and playing in my hair.  Tigger even "killed" the
evil socks on my feet for me.  This is why I have fuzzies!

One last thing.  I did post my vet's address once if anyone is interested
in loaning me some money to help with the costs.  I also asked that people
contact me privately so I may get their name and address so I may return
the money when I'm able too.  In the same instance, I have given out my
home address and phone number to those people, so they may contact me if
they so choose.  I also give them updates via e-mail on the situation.
And for the people who made anonymous donations, thank you from the bottom
of my heart!

I will post this information again and you may feel free to do with it what
you may.

Wise Owl Vet
13344 Dix-Toledo
Southgate, MI 48195
313-246-WISE

Be sure to write "Account 3186" in the memo field on your check, this is
our families accounting number and the Vet informed me that would be the
easiest way to track the donations.

My private e-mail is [log in to unmask]

Fuzzy Hugs to you and yours.

Carrie.

PS, I PROMISE never to flame anyone again!