From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:03:21 -0800
Toby revealed his awesome trick last night for getting over the Weezl
Watchr gate.  I was sitting in the hallway playing with the dogs when I
heard a body slamming against the gate.  When I turned I saw Toby hurtling
himself through the air, reaching for the top of the gate.  On the next
jump he got one paw worth of toenails stuck in the foamy cushion on the
top.  He pulled himself free and tried again.

On the next jump Toby got both front paws lodged in the foam.  Then he
slowly started pulling himself up.  I could see the determination plainly
on his face.  When he got to the top, he paused and looked around.  Then
he leapt into the middle of the hallway and started to run.  I was laughing
so hard, it took me a minute to shake myself awake and go after him.  Even
the dogs took a moment to contemplate how a ferret was running past them.

I grabbed Toby and put him back in the ferret room.  He immediately started
jumping again.  So I called Sean to hurry up to witness it.  Of course,
Toby did not disappoint.  He did the same maneuver as before, only leapt
into Sean's waiting arms.

It was very cute, and I hope I can get him with the video camera
tonight. :-)

=====
Aileen & the Herd
Welcome to Tank, the dog, the newest Herdling!
Slinky, Kyle, Noel, Toby, & Rootie the beagle
Still missing Sandy & Gizmo. We love you.

Check out the Herd's website at:
 http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/7414/index.html