From:
Faith Pollifrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 06:59:50 EDT
Yesterday I finished the crocheted sack I was making for Cyrano and put it
into a cardboard box that fits on his shelf.  He climbed right in, tried
it out, and fell asleep.  I guess crochet is a good texture that they like
too.  :-) Since you guys said ferrets like dark areas to sleep and there's
nothing dark except his sleep sacks I decided to take a box and make him
a bedroom. :-)  The first time he tried it out he had one half of him
sticking in the entrance and the other half hanging out the exit. :-)

I'm going to try working on more hammies and sacks today and see what
combinations I can come up with.  There's only 1 that I made that he
doesn't appear to like.  It's gray faux fur hammy with a yellow flowered
outside.  He uses the other red fleece and orange&white striped one more.
It's funny thought because he LOVES the gray faux fur and blue checkerboard
sunflower fabric sleep sack and that's just about the same material as the
yellow hammy.

Do they have color preferences?  Or don't they see in color?  I've been
trying to find a website on what they see like you can for dogs, rabbits,
cats, etc but no such luck yet.  Does anyone know WHAT they see?  I know
they don't see well but what do they see???

Wonder if Cyrano is trying to share his food with our dog Sheldon?  He digs
it out onto his shelf and the dog become STRETCH tongue!  It's sooo funny
to see him stretching trying to reach that little piece of food (he'll eat
anything not nailed down so I keep Cyrano's food on his second shelf so
Sheldon can't reach).  It almost makes me wonder if we're going to have
a dog with an extra long tongue. :-)

Faith