From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 May 2011 12:12:37 -0400
Okay, here is something to remember. On June first we will be one and
half years away from the FML's Silver Anniversary. December 1, 2012
will be the 25th anniversary of the FML.

Since Bill Gruber took over as moderator from Chris Lewis about 5 years
after the start we are also approaching the 20th anniversary of Bill
Gruber doing all of this work for all of us almost every single day of
those 2 decades. I apologize for not having the date for that important
anniversary. (For a while before he took over Bill also provided a way
for people to be anonymous if they lived in in FFZs -- and there were a
lot of them before the years and years of work which first got a USDA
approved rabies vaccine for ferrets and then the CDC work to show that
ferrets are as safe as dogs and cats in relation to rabies. FFZ are
Ferret Free Zones but there are very few of those left in the U.S.)

BTW, Chris is Canadian. How many of you knew that the FML began in
Ottawa, Canada but for most of its life has come from New York?

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html