From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 20:59:24 -0700
That's right folks I actually went out and BOUGHT my ferrets some sand -
you know, that stuff that clutters up all our beaches.  As experiences go,
it wasn't a bad one.  And it was just like Dick B. said - they sell it at
Toys R Us.

I'm not a regular Toys R Us shopper, most of my ferret toys come from
K-Mart.  So I asked "you people really sell sand"?  The answer was a
smiling yes, with instructions as to what to do.  Like go to isle 12, find
the pick up tag & take it to the cash register.  It's $3.99 for a 50# bag.
Two would have been plenty - we now have a spare sack of sand.

The ferrets are overjoyed.  They try to dig "crop circles", going around
and around, till I get dizzy watching them.  They also shove their noses or
sometimes their whole heads into it.  Nobody sneezes, and nobody choked.  I
guess knowing not to breath in while you have your head stuck in the sand
comes naturally to ferrets!  Sand is much better than that tiny aquarium
gravel.  This stuff really sustained their interest.

I left it dry, but wet would probably be fun for them too.

Buy sand - it's great!

Georgia