From:
Jenn%20Kovacsi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2008 00:39:33 +0000
Hi, all-

Is has taken me a while to write this but our "nifty nine" is down to
"excellent eight." We had to help our elderly ferret, Starla to the
bridge. She came to us with her sister (who I suspect, with so many
physical similarities, was her actual sister) Sweet Pea, who went to
the bridge at Christmastime last year. We never expected Starla to stay
around for long after Sweet Pea left, they were soooo bonded, so much
that Starla rarely got near any other ferret in our house. She was a
loaner ferro , and was full of more piss and vinegar that I can express
with words, and boy, did we love that. She didn't take crap from
anyone--she was blind, mostly deaf and adrenal, but she was more than
happy to let out the LOUDEST scream/ ars kickin' known to man if anyone
trespassed into her "apartment" (the topless cardboard box for a
toaster oven we purchased a while ago, filled with blankies galore).
Conversely, she was such a sweetie. She came up to me every night,
and fell asleep on my lap. She had the most beautiful black nose, as
vibrant as the day she came to us, and gave us so much love that it was
hard to imagine that her and her sister(s?) came from such a terrible
place.

Much, much thanks goes to Claudia and Dr. Gold at Chadwell Animal
Hospital, for giving us so much good time with our Starlakeet, and
for being good, caring people.

We will miss you so much, our little nekkid Starla-Kreesha, our girl
with a serious attitude but the best snuggle ever. You will never,
ever be forgotten.

Jenn, Matt and the excellent eight
Baltimore, MD