Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:44:24 -0700
Hi everybody!  I am wondering if there is anyone out there in Western
Washington State (general Seattle area) who would be interested in caring
for two or four ferrets, with cages, etc., for maybe a couple weeks to a
couple months this summer.  I am in the midst of having remodeling and
painting/sanding etc.  done in my apartment, partly by me and partly by a
friend, and I am really worried about my babies being exposed to fumes,
excessive dust, and having to be overly confined.  I am finding it very
difficult to care for them as well as they need, mostly in the area of
attention and playtime outside their cages.  Especially since the two pairs
aren't even remotely compatible and have to be allowed out in shifts.  They
would do best if they went to two separate homes.  They need someone who
is able to be firm and consistent and infinitely patient with their
"accidents".

They need lots of love, claws trimmed, occasional baths, ears cleaned, etc.
I would want to be able to visit them and check up on their surroundings,
and have regular communication with their caregiver.  In fact, as far as
baths, ears, claws, etc., I might be able to "come over" and do those
things myself, if their "sitter" doesn't mind.

I am in very tight financial straights right now, and would need to work
out some kind of trade for another service (I'm not sure what) or something
I can manage monetarily, (some sort of arrangements, like extended
payments, if necessary), as it is all I can do right now to provide them
food, basic vet care, and any emergency treatment that might arise.

I have reached a level of extreme exhaustion, and am overwhelmed with
personal circumstances in my life right now, and an arrangement like this
might mean the difference between having to give up my babies (which I feel
would devastate me beyond comprehension), and keeping them.  A short period
of recovery and time to get my home back into a safe condition for them to
live and play would make all the difference in the world.

I've checked into boarding them at my vet and they're charging something
like $16.00/day per ferret, no exceptions.  There is no way I can do this.
If you are interested or know of someone who might be, please respond to my
e-mail address directly!  Thanks so much!!!!

Raen
and four fabulous funny fuzzies in need