From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2012 06:56:58 -0400
Sarah Senior Reporter
      April 2012

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO out there it's me, Daisy. Mum told me Sarah needed
help with the news so I am here to help. I am smart, witty, energetic
and so close to what Suzie Q was like; that sometimes Mum even call
me Suzie Q without thinking about who I really am. I set her straight
right away.

I am going to report stats for Mum and Sarah starting this month. The
stats in this news will include Jan, Feb, and March. Miss Mindy and
Miss Janette record them for us each month. Miss Mindy records all the
stuffs that you humans send to us like toys and treats, blankies and
laundry soap.

Miss Janette records all the sponsor and cash donations that come in.
You will get to see how much help we/mum get to take care of us. Miss
Kathy C. says you hear about all the humans who come in to visit and to
help but you don't get to hear or see all the folks who do other things
behind the scenes to help Mum keep us going. So we are going to start
putting that in our news, as well. Sooooooooooooo here you go!

Jan shelter donation stuffs - $1,279.56
Feb shelter donation stuffs - $204.99
Mar shelter donations stuffs - $420.93

Jan general donations $355.00
Feb general donations $273.00
Mar general donations $253.00

Jan sponsors $745.00
Feb sponsors $565.00
Mar sponsors $380.00

Totals miles run by volunteers for fur kids Jan-Mar 1,108 miles, this
includes the miles run for the Brooklyn rescue that happened recently.

Thank you; Miss Susann T, Mr Pete B. and Mindy H. for getting the 3 to
Naples and to the vet. And a big thank you for all those involved in
getting these and the other fur kids out of a bad situation.

Sarah here: Hey mum said you could help - that is H-E-L-P - with the
news not take it over! I am the senior reporter, I have been here
longer than you so you need to slow down and take a breath!

From last report that came into mum, 274 of you looked at our picture
site http://community.webshots.com/user/lakeroad2
mum is a bit behind getting new pictures on there she has been pretty
busy lately.

Last month Miss Wendy L. was looking to find a ferret girl to take home
with her, so she and Miss Mary B came to the shelter to check us out.
Miss Mary B is Honey Dew's far away mom. Miss Marcia C was here that
day too, she is far away mom to little "take over the news letter"
Daisy'. All 3 of these humans helped mum get us weighed, our nails
clipped and some hands on loving. That is a big job to get done!
Thanks for helpen mum with that.

Yeah! Miss Ili is home from Florida! Snow bird no more! We sure missed
her; she is Delilah's far away mom. Delilah missed her the most! Miss
Ili came to help mum catch up our play areas and poopy papers the same
week she got home! We think she knew mum needed her help bad! Now maybe
mum will be able to catch up on the 245 emails she has sitting on her
computer! Welcome home Miss Iliana, we missed you.

Miss Kathy C. asked me to add this to our news, "Now that LFFR/S is
a recognized charitable organization, all you volunteers can keep
track of your mileage when you come to help us and deduct that as a
charitable contribution at $.14 a mile in your income taxes, if you
itemize deductions. We're trying to make it easier for you to come
help us, even when gas is soooooo expensive.

Mum got a rather late phone call one night real close to 6 pm - Mums
bed time. When mum answered the phone she heard this little voice say,
"Hi it's me" mum could not figure out who was on the other end of the
phone!

Mum sat waiting for more, then she heard her 2 legged furless son in
the back ground say to the caller, "Tell Grandma who you are" now mum
knew it is one of her 2 legged furless grandkids.

"Hi grandma it's me" with that mum chuckled and said, hi me which one
of you are you?

"Logan" - ah ha now mum says we are cook'en

"Grandma Will you come to my concert"?

Mum goes into questioning Logan as to where, when and what time for the
concert. It was established that mum was going to a concert on April 3
at 7 pm at the middle school in Bloomfield to see her 2 legged furless
grandson Logan's concert. How special that he would call to invite our
mum. Mum said she guessed he was on a mission; the mission having been
completed there was no need to continue the conversation. Logan hung up
the phone.

As many of you may be aware there was a rescue situation, in the NYC
area - mum had been contacted, so mum got involved a few weeks back.
The involvement came to a positive end when all fur kids were removed
from a bad situation and fur kids were dispersed into several shelters.
Mum took 3 of them to fatten up and allow them to be happy and healthy.

Daisy here: Hey! Hey! Hey are you going to save me some news, mum told
me you needed help, I am not helpen much if I am not reporting too! I
am going to add some news!

One Saturday was crazy here; well most Saturday's are but this one
especially! Miss Shaylyn our new shelter helper was thrilled to be
here. Miss Shaylyn kept telling mum that she works hard when she comes
to help but then she gets to play with us ferrets. Shaylyn told mum her
teacher said our mum had been to her class with Genevieve, and wondered
if she would come again. Mum told Shaylyn that she would if the teacher
wanted her too. Shaylyn did work very hard, Miss Patty S. brought mum
a treat from Simply Crepes in Canandaigua (gluten free) that we shared
with both Shaylyn and her mom. Miss Patty S. brought a lot of them,
enough to give mum breakfast and dessert for Miss Donna D. and mum on
Sunday.

Miss Patty S. got to spend time with her far away boy Teddy on Saturday
and Miss Donna D. got to spend time with her far away boy Dancer
Sunday.

The next Sunday morning the young man that wanted to interview mum for
a school project came in about 10 am.

Damian is 8 yrs old in 2nd grade both his mom and dad came with him,
very supportive and very nice. When mum asked him how he picked our
shelter he said his teacher had us on the list to choose from. Damian
got interested in Miku and Kiwi so mum let them out of the cage. Oh
my, the family just laughed at their antics.

Miss Donna called about 11:30 to say she was coming to Naples; she
brought dinner, cooked dinner, and then picked up our poopy papers
in the play areas. It was took wet to work outside in the yard.

Yeah Miss Jackie came to see us - she is not missing in action any
more! It was a busy day because Miss Ili and Miss Pam where here too!
Mum was on spring break so lots of things were going on that week, like
Shaylyn went with mum to Seneca Lake Terrace to help with the ferret
girls Miku and Kiwi for an out reach day. Seneca Lake Terrace is an
assisted living home that Old lady Kay lives in, that is where mum
visits weekly to check on OLK. There were lots of campers here too
that week!

The 3 new Brooklyn fur kids have names now. Minnie of course was named
by Miss Susann T, thank you Susann that fits her well, the little
albino boys name is Petrie and the little silver boy is Bron. Mum chose
names from the movie Land before Time. Mum loves those little guys in
that movie.

Sarah here: the 3 Brooklyn fur kids are free! The gate is open and they
are roaming around mum's space! The Vet got them all checked out and
shots done gave them a clean bill of health, so mum says now they can
explore. They seem to be happy to explore larger horizons, they are
climbing in and out of the trash can (mum emptied it before letting
them loose) checking out all corners and toy boxes. They are acting
like ferrets so mum says she guesses they are settling in as happy
shelter kids.

Miss Peach and Mr. Tom stopped by to visit and hang out with us for a
while, Miss Donna came in to make our property all pretty again, boy
the grass was getting so high, mum thought she was going to have to
hire some goats, turns out the only thing wrong with the tractor mower
was it needed a new battery, so once mum got that put on it was good
to go! Miss Donna spent 2 afternoons getting things cleaned up, and
best of all, our entire play yard mowed so we can go play out there. We
still need to get the canopy up before we can go out because the hawks
are always out looking for lunch; mum says she does not want any of us
being part of their afternoon meal.

Reminder that we still have our laundry soap campaign going -
http://www.ferretfarm.org/Laundry_Soap_Campaign.html

Clinic day is not too far off
http://www.ferretfarm.org/Ferrets_Only_Clinic_2012.htm

Mum wants me to remind you once again that you can still get IFC
Arizona symposium shirts - there are a few left. There are Goody Bags
too. Then there are the Globe T-shirts that are available. You can
find out what they look like, and how much they cost here
http://ferretcongress.org/Merchandise.html

Well we sure did a lot of news this month - gotta run
So for this month I will say farewell my cyber friends

Sarah missing Possum
Daisy coming to the rescue

Newest Shelter Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0GEYL02fnU