From:
Alex Weinle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 19:05:43 -0700
Dear FML Readers,
I brought a Marshall Farms kit into my house and immediatly my older ferret
took ill and the kit was just fine.  It made me so angry but at the same
time I felt even worse for this poor baby kit who was the innocent one in
all of it.  He didn't mean to be a carrier of a disease.  I'm just thankful
that my other ferret made it through okay ( thank you Dr. Johnson ).

Marshall Farms has always been a well respected and well trusted breeder for
years.  I do believe that whatever problems Marshall Farms is having, they
should put a statement out informing us about them, rather than sending out
kits too young and/or ill ferrets.  I am sure that many people and breeders
would offer their help in any way they could.  If Marshall Farms continues
the way they are now, soon people will get to the point where nobody will
want a ferret that has been associated with these breeders.  I currently am
saving letters about problems people are having with ferrets from Marshall
Farms.  I will be more than happy to send anyone this file.  Informing
people and Marshall Farms about these cases hopefully will bring a halt to
this animal abuse ( which is what it's turning into ).  I can tell you first
hand that it's not a pretty thing to bring a new baby into the house and
have something go terriblly wrong.  If any of you would like to respond to
my letter feel free.  My email is [log in to unmask]

Thanks for hearing me out,
Amber, Felix and Chubs
P.S. I do also plan on calling them now that I have the phone number.