From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 22:32:28 EST
Since I have a 4 year old living with me quite a bit,thought this is one I
can talk about.He also grew up amidst a business.The only problem I had was
Jasmine claiming his pacifiers for herself,what a nice baby getting these
cool things for her.She was oh so careful about stealing them from his
mouth.She would grab the handle and pull until he let go,then pick it up by
the other end and put it in her hidey hole.Never once did she even put one
mark on him,and of course he thought this was so funny.Yes I was right
there to supervise.Soon enough he started giving them to her laughing all
the while.Guess she trained him.

Of course Mr. Valentine was after another thing entirely.He loved diapers,
used or not.It was really hilarious when my grandson started walking and
couldn't get any where and didn't know why.I knew,there was a ferret
hanging on to the diaper.There was many a time my grandson almost sat on
Valentine,because he was pulling on the diaper.He was careful about
grabbing it,but I never did break him of that habit,potty training did
though.

Now Calvin is 4 and his bestest friend is Taz,whether from the cereal
dropped, the toys stolen or just ferret love,who knows.Taz will still
follow him around and puts up with being carried in the middle.Taz taught
him ferret manners,like don't pull my tail or grab to hard.Jasmine and
Valentine just put up with everything.Now he's gentle with them,but once
in a while gives them wet feet in the water dish.Well,he is a boy.He now
instructs other kids how to hold or pet and if they're to rough with an
animal he'll tell them no,you can't do that.Guess he's a fuzzy owner in
training.

Sandy and Four Horsemen of ferrets
Fuzzy Angels Valentine and Chelsea