From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 22:42:30 EDT
>I'm so sorry little bug.  You were my first and I wish I could have
>given you a big hug instead of quick kiss before they wisked you off to
>surgery.... I love you Tango, please wait for me at the Bridge, I can't
>wait to see you again.
>
>Tracy J.

Hi Tracy ~

I am so sorry to hear about Tango.  I know I had a horrible time when I
lost my first little guy.  This is one thing everyone can do to help the
humans and animals through the grief time.  While I fully believe we all
should go through the grieving process, the addition of a gentle flower
essence can make life and your emotions a bit easier to tolerate.

Flower essences were discovered in the early part of the 1900's by an
English physician Dr. Edward Bach.  There is a lot about them online if
you type in either "Bach Flower Remedies" or "Flower essences" into the
online search engine.  Dr. Bach wanted to find a totally safe remedy for
his patients.  He was a medical intuitive as well as a researcher, who
believed that if you work on curing the "mentals" or the condition of the
mind, wellness in the physical body will follow.  To fully explain these
delicate essences would take another online course, but he found that
energy can be transferred from a flower into water and then dispensed for
certain mental conditions.  Shortly after the physical ailment becomes
much better and the remedies are often used with herbs as well.

The main remedy for grief is a lovely flower called "Star of Bethlehem."
To take a flower remedy you would fill a juice glass with pure water, up
to about one-third full, (not tap and not distilled water), but spring
water is best.  Then add 4 drops of the concentrate you bought.  Gently
shake the glass to mix the contents.  Do not add anything to stir like a
spoon.  Simply stop a minute and tell your body you are giving it a
"spirit medicine".  Yeah I know it sounds like Woo-woo medicine, but it
is important to do this.

The essences are sold as a concentrated "mother tincture" and should
always be mixed 4 drops to a dose.  Essences can be bought at most health
food stores labelled as "Bach Flower Remedies." Bach only found 32
remedies.  The Flower Essence Society out in California has about 133,
and I am a practitioner with them.  We do our own provings here at my
farm, grow special flowers, and make our own essences and they are
powerful.  My ferrets always find themselves just outside the flower area
poking their tiny noses in for a sniff.

It's a lovely and safe discipline and just about the best natural remedy
for animals.

Warmly ~
Mary

Herbalist