From:
Katie Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 10:38:12 -0600
Just wanted to pass along all of my prayers about the little guy who had his
paws amputated.  Keep getting stronger little one!  You are in the hands of
good people.

Reading about the little pawless guy made me feel a bit better about my
little one.  I took George (my youngest who just just a bit over 1yr) to the
vet.  I had been worried about him since there was a white spot in his eye
and he seemed to be having problems seeing out of it.  Well it seems that my
fears were justifed.  George is blind in his right eye.  It seems that fluid
it leaking from his lens and attaching itself to the cornea.  The fluid on
the cornea is what is causing the white spot.  The vet said that George has
been blind in his eye for some time.

Now I really have to keep an eye on George.  He is completely adjusted to
not having site.  I have been noticing more and more things that he does to
compensate.  But there is a good chance of infection due to the bodies
natural response to the leaking fluid.  If this happens, the eye will hve to
be removed.

Has anyone out there had a ferret who needed to have its eye removed.  It
sort of makes me nervous to think about that operation.  To make me feel
better I have been joking that the will then give him a little marble for an
eye or a patch.  I am sure that they would just sew the eye shut, but I
don't like that idea.  A patch would be better.

Hugs to all your little ones,
KAtie