From:
"Jennifer D. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 18:15:04 -0500
Excerpt from another food ad kindly posted to the FML:

>Added Taurine (and low Magnesium levels) of course, will not harm Ferrets,
>but it is clear that cat food is developed to meet the nutritional
>requirements of Cats.

I was under the impression that ferrets required Taurine?  I know I've read
that in half a dozen places.  Anyone like to enlighten me on this one?

I apologize for my sarcasm, but I generally automatically disallow almost
anything stated as a "fact" by someone who's trying to sell a product
based on that "fact," unless I have a way to check it out for myself.
Salespeople hate me. :-)  This is the second ad from Companion's Choice to
hit the FML in three days.  If someone who has researched the food--and
DOESN'T work for the company--would like to write a review of it, I'd love
to read it.  I don't mean to sound hostile, but it's all the same debate...

Another example: just because the Iams prices haven't gone down ON THE
SHELF, that doesn't mean the wholesale price hasn't had to drop.  I know,
from working in a pet store, that pet stores make very little profit on pet
food; the food is the item that keeps owners coming back.  Pet stores make
most of their profit on high-markup toys, treats, etc.  Grocery stores
require a higher markup, so in order to keep prices the same on the shelf,
the wholesale price would have to decrease.

I'm not trying to be argumentative and obnoxious!  I just want people to
think for themselves a bit and not believe what they're told.  Including
by me! :-)

Jen and the Crazy Business

[Moderator's note: I've considered their first post to be an ad.  The
second one I wavered a bit on -- it did have useful info.  But, as I
mentioned earlier, I'll have to keep an eye on this ;-)  BIG]