From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 04:01:38 -0500
To answer the question..yes this same treatemt has been used in the U.S.
sucessfully by a lady whose grandpa was an old counrty vet.  She had seen
him do this several times and it always worked for him.  When she grew up
she was hand-feeding a 4 week old ferret in the wee hours of the night,
she rushed the job and the little ferret started dieing for he could not
breath.  She held him by the back legs and let him hang in the air and
gently swung him back and forth, it wasn't long before the little fellow
was back to normal.

I have talked to many people from the UK and Europe and am very impressed
with what they tell me...Cancer is not common in their ferrets.  I only
know of 2 cases in the Netherlands and she refused to have the little
fellows operated on, she knew it wasn't the answer.  They were born in the
U.S and were gifts to her.  When she traveled the US and visited a few
shelters that were called no kill shelters I thought she would go nuts, she
mentioned 50 to 60 ferrets with cancer, and the operator of the shelter
broke.  What is wrong in America?  We must really look stupid to others.

[WD]