Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:50:15 -0700
I wanted to thank everyone who wrote nice little notes of sympathy
regarding my recent surgery.  I really appreciated the notes and jokes.
There were so many of them and I've been just a bit sore so I haven't
been doing much at the computer, so please accept this "thank-you" here
instead of a private message.  Thank-you all!

Some of the European people who asked me to stop haven't sent contact
information.  If I have some way to contact you, I'll come.  If anyone
in the UK knows Shelia, please send a message to check email.  I was not
planning to go to Hungary, but an invitation from there was so appealing,
I called a couple of museums and moved stuff around so I would have time
to make a very quick trip, so plan on me being there.  Someone asked if
I would be in Angers; yes, so if you are near there, let me know
immediately.  Many people asked if other people could come to the visit;
sure, as many as you like, and I'll answer questions until the last one
is asked.  Just give me time to meet your ferrets! ;-)

The only other question that was common was a concern about the food I
could eat.  The answer is anything.  Ok, I have to watch really spicy
foods for a while, but other than that, no problems.  Any dishes special
to your community or country will be appreciated. ;->

I apologize to the FML for not getting any more Q&As done.  I have almost
a dozen almost ready to go, but I just ran out of steam.  I'll finish and
post them after I return.

I'm not sure how many opportunities I will have to check email while in
Europe.  A lot of my time will be riding overnight trains from museum to
museum, so I'm planning that I will have zero opportunity to do email,
and any chance to get online will be considered a gift.

Oh, yes, this is a message to the guy I met in California.  I had a brain
fart and deleted your email before I answered it.  Yes, I am taking a 4x5
camera, and I would be happy to take the photo you requested.  In fact, I
am honored you asked.

Well, folks, see you in a month!

Bob C: [log in to unmask]