From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 10:08:57 -0800
>From:    Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Mo' Bob Q&A
>Can they see their reflections?... Sure they can, as long as they are close
>enough.  They can also see the images on TV,

Last night we had our kits out playing in the living room (big treat for
little kits), and we had the tv on.  Gardy, that sweet thing, was walking,
sniffing, walking toward the television when the scene changed and the
screen got a whole lot brighter (yes, we were watching the X-Files) and
Gardy's head whipped up toward the screen and he stared at it intently.  The
scene changed again and Gardy said "DOOKDOOKDOOK!!" and began bouncing all
over the room and then attacked the tv.  He jumped pretty high for a ferret
with short little legs, and he bounced his nose right off the screen.  That
seemed to offend him, becaue he hissed at the tv every time he passed it for
the next half hour or so.

Our cats used to watch all the nature programs before they realized it was
way cooler just to watch the 30 odd weasels running around the house
instead.  And our dog Cooper hears his name at least 10 times every Friday
night (when we watch Twin Peaks on bravo) and he is forever walking up and
putting his great big wet sniffer on the screen to find the person who was
calling him.

The funniest though was our new hob, Doppelganger, who was playing in the
playroom (no stinky hobs in our living room thank you very much!) and
happened to bounce up in front of the mirror, which is about a foot off of
the ground.  He was very annoyed with his "double" (how fitting) and he
spent a lot of time trying to climb the wall to attack the mysterious ferret
in the mirror.

Sheena - [log in to unmask]  | "To Err is Ferret ... To Forgive|
VP - Greater Vancouver      | "... Well, That's Our Job"      |
     Ferret Association      (Wherret Web Pages Coming Soon!)
  We're on the Web! http://www2.portal.ca/~cmc/ferrets/fagv/