From:
Judith Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Dec 1996 10:22:04 EST
Greetings, FMLers,
I just wanted to share my excitement with you.  On Thursday my Wilhelmina
had 11 kits.  They were preemies, a full 48 hours early, which was no big
surprise because mama looked like she was "ready to blow." We did lose a
12th kit, which died within a half-hour after birth, but the others are
gaining weight nicely and squeaking loudly.  The parents are both large and
gorgeous, so I'm hoping for some fancy colors and patterns and show quality
ferrets.  And, my Briar Rose is due on the 23rd.  She looks like she's
carrying about 8 kits, but I hope she only has 6!  Briar is a black roan
mitt, and "daddy" Willy Pete is a dark-eyed white.  Why are my ferrets out
of sync with the other small breeders?  - I attribute it to a new florescent
light I installed in my ferret area.

Anyway, next time you're feeling sorry for yourself as you scoop the poop,
think about what I'll be going through in just a few weeks!

Hope you all have some quiet time with family, friends, and furballs.

cheers,   Judith Sanders