From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 1997 15:12:32 -0400
I'd like to add my two cents about the type of food to feed your ferrets.
Without question, it is much better to feed a high-quality food to your
ferrets - ie, one that has listed, in the first two or three ingredients,
primarily meat.  It is up to each person to decide what foods to feed their
ferrets.  I find, based on shape and flavor, that my ferrets like Totally
Ferret and Iams foods the best.

However, we all recognize how stubborn and irrational ferrets can be.  If a
ferret will only eat Meow Mix, well, so be it.  It may be that that ferret
will be a happy ferret for its lifespan, and its lifespan may be 8-10 yaers.
Who knows?  Each ferret is different.

Generally speaking, ferrets' health is better on high-quality foods, and I
(and most FMLers) sincerely believe that a high-quality food will make your
ferret do better for longer.  But, just as there are exceptions to every
rule, so there can be exceptions to this.  We all WANT to do the best we can
for our pets, but sometimes we have to compromise, like it or not.

Melissa

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters