From:
"Audrey S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:23:24 -0500
>The only person FREAKING OUT - as far as I can tell - is you, Sukie.  >So,
>have a drink, take a valium, dye your hair - whatever it takes to >calm you
>down.  Most of us have enough common sense to take that post >with a grain
>of salt.

I am going to make my best effort to carefully choose my words in order
not to offend or upset anyone more than necessary but I ve got to admit
that it is frustrating that I feel I must walk on eggshells so to speak
just to write about what I felt after reading today s FML issue 3685!  It
is my regret that on occasion, some FML participants lose sight of our
real goal here... ya know: Sharing Stories, Experiences & Educating Others
About FERRETS... but instead they feel the need to bash a fellow FML er
for their choice of expression.

I do not know Nancy and I don t know Sukie.  But I DO know that so many of
Sukie s posts have proven to be contain invaluable information.  I look
forward to reading her comments and learning from her experiences, as well
as those of the many other FML veterans.  I do my best to ignore (as best
as one can on here) the posts where people feel the need to bash another s
opinions and/or practices in a negative manner just to get their point
across.  If someone feels that they need to resort to personal bashing, is
it too much to request that they do so in a private email (hey, or not at
all) instead of posting it on the FML for all?!?!  I know that I for one
would MUCH RATHER spend my time reading about FERRETS!!

On ferrets: Long awaited , we completed our ferret room this past fall,
complete with linoleum and a big purple kiddie rice pool filled with tubes
and toys.  The ferrets LOVE IT!  We did encounter one problem and that
was that our cat would jump over the child gate and continually use the
ferrets corner litter boxes and even the rice pool for his litterbox!
Urgh!  Our solution: Michael made a trip to Home Depot, bought and
installed a simple wood framed screen door ($30 quick-fix).  It s a hoot,
because 9 times out of 10 whenever I am in the ferret room playing with
the kids, I look over toward the door and there are the cat AND the dog
laying on the other side of the door with that yearnful We want to play
with the ferrets look.  The ferrets must feel sorry for them cause they
go up and give em through the screen nose to nose kisses (or are they
sniff'es).  My question for anyone who has suggestions and/or experience
is that I ve noticed that Bodie (4 yr old chocolate) and Doyle (4 yr old
sable) seem to have problems walking on the linoleum at times.  The first
week they were in there, they were afraid to walk anywhere because their
back legs would always slide out under them.  Is our solution to get a
bunch of area rugs scattered about the room?  Is there an easier and/or
better way?  Also, does anyone have this problem with the linoleum on the
lower level of the cage?  We put a 2 x 2 piece of that anti slide stuff
(like what you d put in a kitchen cabinet).  That seems to work in the
cage, but it does get messy.  Any suggestions for the bottom of the cage?
We have the 3 story Corner Creek Acres cage (and love it).

In o HI o,

Audrey & Michael
Fuzzies Include:  Our  Angeled  Emmett Sheets, Mimi, Bodie, Doyle, Daisy,
Beau & Luke
Da Others:  Hazey the dog and Julius the cat