From:
Elizabeth Sures <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 16:08:59 -0500
Hi there everyone!!

I am just wondering if any of you out there have experience with blind
ferrets?  I am wondering becuase I would love some information on how to
determine exactly if a ferret is blind.  We got 2 new kits at the pet store
where I work (black eyed white female, cinnamon female) and I have a feeling
that the cinnamon is blind.  She has GREAT difficulty climbing up on
things... she acts as though she can't tell where to grab.  When she walks
on the floor she goes cautiously and walks with her head down to the ground
with all her little whiskers touching the floor.  She doesn't seem to follow
movement at all and reacts, maybe over reacts if something touches her...in
that I mean , she gets really excited!!  These two are SO freindly (CDC gets
two thumbs up from me, Hagen two down) and I am so attached to them.  The
little white girl is going to a new home today, but I dont want the cinnamon
to go to just anybody.  I feel so sorry for her.  I want to take her home,
but can't afford it (haven't even paid for poor little Echo yet)!!  Also any
information anyone can e-mail me on training a blind ferret, or just
generally raising one, would much be appreciated.

--

Truly,
LiZ and D.J.