From:
Phyllis Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 05:15:37 -0500
Hi.  I have been a member for several months, but I have never took the time
for an introduction.  I have three little fuzzies (as we call them -
Wigglies).

My oldest baby is a MF female dark sable named Faith.  She is almost 3 years
old.  She loves life and wiggling.  She is my Sugar Baby.  She weighs the
less of my 3 babies.  I have to use Nutrical to keep her weight up.  She
acts fine and my vet isn't concerned.

My next baby is a MF female light sable named Hope.  I purchased her the day
after Faith.  Even though they were purchased a day apart, she is about 2
months younger.  Hope is by cuddle baby.  She loves to lay on my lap either
awake or sleeping.  I recently moved and she has been very hyper for her
every since the move.  I thought the move had cost me my cuddle baby, but
this weekend she came back.  She is an example of not getting a ferret from
a pet store.  She had an upper respiratory infection when I purchased her
(but I didn't know it).  By the time I took her to the vet for her initial
exam, I was in love with her and would have never of taken her back.  Then
when she was 10 months old she ruptured a disc in her back.  I put her down
on the floor to play and she dragged her back half.  I immediately called
her vet and took her in.  She did x-rays and said what it was and to keep
her quiet as I could and it should heel on its own.  Thank God he did.

My youngest ferret is a silver mitt purchased from a private owner named
Charrity.  She has been a nipper but I almost have her broke.  She is 1 1/2
yr.. old (so don't give up on your little nipper).  I call her my
mischievous baby.  She sets out to see what she can get into and take it
apart.  She is always pushing their water bottles off the cage and she would
either dislodge her food container or dig it out on to the cage floor.  She
is my rebel.  I read that ferrets don't climb but she loves to climb the
cage and anything else she can.  She also never poops in the corner.  She
does use the litter pan, but never in the corner.  She is shaped totally
different than my other two.  Her body forms a v ( wider at the back)  Is
this normal for most silver mitts?

I have seed ferret shelters on the FML from all around the country but not
my area.  Does anyone know of a shelter or club in the Indianapolis, IN
area?  I thought I read something on one, but I haven't been able to find
anything on it since.

I hope this hasn't been to long.  Will write soon.

Phyllis, Faith, Hope and Charrity Smith