From:
Jessica Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:52:47 -0700
Hi, my name is Jessica.  This is my first post to FML.

I have 3 fuzzies: Crickett, Rascal, and George, who we just bought this
past Monday.  I'm glad I joined this list, and I've enjoyed reading
everyone's posts.  I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, even
though I already recognise a couple of names.  (Hey Debbi C!  Thanks
again for all your help with Gus-Gus.  We miss him bunches.  *sniff*)
Anyway, here is what is on my mind:

That made me SICK reading about what that pet store did to Hope!!  I
have had the good fortune of never coming across a pet store that had
mis-treated fuzzies.  Is there anything I can do?  Could we all write
letters, sign a petition, anything?

And to the comment about the store workers to attend classes- good idea!
What if ferret-knowledgable people (like ones that obviously patron this
list) were to volunteer to teach the proper care of a ferret?  I want
to go to pet stores, vets, etc, and hand out pamplets I found at
ferretcentral.com.  (If you want to know where to find them, let me
know!) Sometimes stores will let you set up a table on a Saturday (or
whenever) and hand out literature and speak to people.  I also plan on
putting the web addresses for my clubs, websites, and email addresses,
on the pamplets so they have somewhere to turn to if they have ferret
questions.  Which brings me to my next topic...

Back in April 2000, I started a Ferret Club on Yahoo geared towards Texans
and their ferrets.  We have almost 70 members that represent the great
state of Texas (and many from other states, too, who just like the
atmosphere of the club!).  My husband is in the military, and we were
just sent to Georgia.  I still maintain my Texas club, being that we will
be back as soon as his term is up, but I've also started a Georiga Club.
If you are from Texas or Georgia or if you would just like to meet some
more ferret lovers, we'd love to have you!  Here are the addresses:

Texas:
Yahoo Group-
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lonestarferrets
Website- www.geocities.com/lone_star_ferrets