From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:20:37 -0400
Marlene wrote:
>Here at our shelter, Richmond Ferret Rescue League, we're celebrating
>our 11th year as a shelter- And this year is the first EVER our
>ferret-knowledgeable vet has seen a reaction to the Imrab 3. We can
>understand seeing reactions with Distemper vacs- that's a live virus
>vaccine. But rabies isn't. Our vet also always spaces out the
>vaccines, from anywhere to 1-week to 1 month.
>
>He has reported all 9 reactions to Merial- they assign a case number,
>after taking down all the info- batch number, expiration date, age of
>ferret, etc.

I'm glad to hear your vet has reported this. My vet did the same. I
hope all of the vets who see an unusual number of reactions will report
them. Pet owners cannot make the report. It has to come from the vet.

A couple of other people provided their information to me on
serial/batch #, etc. and I gave this information to my vet. From what
I have received, and my vet's information, it seems to be different
batches. Because of this, my vet thinks it may possibly be the adjunct.

Katharine
Florida