From:
Pauline Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:47:27 EDT
Hi Everyone,

I saw a post a couple days ago concerning the "curly ferrets" (which by
the way I thought was too funny) and I wanted to chime in with my story
as well.  We all need a laugh, right?

A couple years ago when I was working for a vet clinic east of me, the
clinic got an emergency call concerning a found ferret that was in the
park under a bench during the hot of the summer.  I was still pretty new
to tech work and this was my first call, so I alerted the vet on call
(who was also pretty new).  Well it was a busy night and we had regular
appointments left and were pretty busy when we both heard the door.  The
woman came in with a box and a bunch of blankets and we could see this
little body underneath on the blankets but couldnt' quite make it out.

Well I was finishing treatment on the inpatient dog while the vet went
and treated symptoms for the emergency.  Well it seems like the treatment
on my dog was taking forever but looking at the clock, it wasn't much
time passed.  So I finished and brought the dog (oh, the dog that I was
treating was flea and tick infested) back to room 1.  Well the emergency
was in room 2 when the vet (I cannot remember the spelling of the name
of the vet off the top of my head), told me that the ferret was coming
around nicely.  He asked me to fill meds for the dog in room 1 while he
rehydrated the ferret.  Well I did that and checked the woman out for the
night.

I think at this time an hour had passed, maybe more.  So finally the vet
comes out after i finished checking the dog owner out and he says, that
has got to be the strangest looking ferret I have ever seen.  I went to
go into the room, when out comes the woman with the ferret wrapped in a
towel and then all of a sudden a dog head popped out of the blanket.  It
was a it was a minature doxhound (my spelling might be wrong).

Needless to say, that poor vet was teased a lot.