From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 00:12:00 EDT
Sugar took away a couple of days from my lifespan tonight.  Here I am being
a good fuzzy Mom, checking the door before I close it to make sure someone
isn't trying to run out.Well,I should have checked the whole door.  The
little booger had already sneaked around the door and was waiting next to
the door jamb.  Thank goodness for the security screen door.

After putting the grandson in his car seat, I heard scratching and whining,
the ferret kind not the grandson type.  At first I thought Sugar wanted to
go for a ride very badly.  Then I noticed the sound was coming from between
the doors.  I went to check and sure enough she was stuck between the
doors.  There is a 4 inch space between the screen door and the front
door, and there she stood, stuck in the nether world, not inside, but not
outside.  I opened the screen door and it looked like her tail was caught
under the door.  Had I stopped to think I would have realized that's not
possible.  She did have a few hairs caught under the door sweep, thankfully
rubber.  As I released her from her prison she ran out into the night, only
to be grabbed up by her savior,me.So all you fuzzy parents out there make
sure you check out the whole door, even what's behind you.  Yes, they do
teleport.

One slightly palpitating Sandy and 1 snickering and 3 chuckling Fuzzbutts