From:
"Sally St. Germain" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 16:16:45 -0400
Hi folks

My poor Mitzy has had quite a time since her first surgery On March 17.
If you will recall, she had a retro-bulbar abcess and had to have her eye
removed.  She did quite well until she was finished her first round of
antibiotics.

Two days after the antibiotic was finished, the abcess came back.  She had
another operation to drain a very large amount of the same kind of fluid
away.  Dr.Cathy left a drain in again and put her on baytril.  Everything
was the same as before.  The drain came out, then the stitches, then the
baytril stopped and she filled up again.  Cathy had examined the fluid and
said it looked like it was coming from a gland.

The third time she had surgery, was much like the other 2 times.  This time
however, Cathy removed the zygomatic salivary gland, which is right behind
the eye.  She came home without a drain this time ( the fluid was always
too thick and didn't drain away anyway.) and she is on septra again and
will get her stitches out on Tues.  and I hope and pray that it is all over
for now.  I'm nervous as hell that this may happen again.  She goes off of
the septra on Thurs.  It usually fills again about 2 days after she is
finished the antibiotic.

I am getting very frustrated for Mitzy.  She doesn't seem to have the same
drive.  I used to call her Mitzy the Monster.  She was always getting into
some kind of mischief, and now all she wants to do is sleep.  I hope and
pray that having that salivary gland removed is the answer and that once
the stitches come out again, we can put all of this behind us.  I also pray
for the old Mitzy back again.  It breaks my heart to see her NOT getting
into some kind of trouble.  I never thought I'd ever say that LOL.  I do
realise that she is getting older, and she has maybe "mellowed" somewhat,
but I can't help but feel in my heart, that all this has taken it's toll
on her.

Please keep my girl in your thoughts, especially about 2 days after the
antibiotic is finished.  That should put us in around a week from tomorrow.

I pray and a light a prayer candle for all the sick, abused and abandoned
ferrets and animals in the world.  I pray they recover and find loving and
gentle homes to spend the rest of their little lies in.  I thank you all
for the support given us (Moxy & Mizty especially) in the past.

Sally St. Germain and her 12 "Little Saints."
Hi.....my name is Sally.....I am a ferret-a-holic!!!!!