From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 10:01:08 -0500
To Bryan Hall re Jabba's pigginess.
I recently got a baby boy to join my two girls, and the eldest (Spike) was
also having difficulty "sharing".  I solved it by getting another water
bottle and another food dish.  I keep both dishes and water bottles full and
at opposite ends of the same level in the cage.  Spike decied the old set
was "hers" and the baby could use the new set (Rascal was the only one that
ate at both).  Three weeks later they have all decided that there is more
than enough food to go around and anyone can eat at which ever both they are
nearest at the time.  Since it sounds like Jabba is a little pig, I would
suggest get another bowl and water bottle and setting them up on *another*
level of the cage and watching what happens.  Post us an update!

To Liz (I think) about baby boy shrieking incessantly with loss of Echo
That poor thing.  I would suggest not giving up on him yet.  Are you sure
that you can't give him supervised play time with other ferts?  (after all,
getting sick is not as bad as having to be put to sleep) Does he have any
small stuffed animals his size to cuddle with?  Does he like soft music
(mine did, even when stressed)?  Just a couple of thoughts.  Also, he didn't
actually see Echo's accident, did he?  That may help explain how traumatized
he is.  Also, please don't call yourself a failure.  From reading your post
it sounds like you are doing everything possible and then some.  And I
believe that you have shown more patience and understanding than I could
have (no matter how hard I tried) and than many of us on the FML could have.
Please let us know how he is doing.

Dooks to all.

DVC