From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2014 12:06:13 -0400
I thought that Steve would like a ferret and he thought that i would,
so we went ahead because each of us wanted the other one to be happy.

That was thirty-something years ago (32? 33?) and there was so little
veterinary info on ferrets that besides being a gathering place the
very limited internet of that time was the best place to find anyone
with any health info on ferrets, too. The few existing books were as
wrong as they were right. When the first vet text for ferrets came out
we were overjoyed so we ordered two and gave one to our vets.

What i can not answer is how we first encountered ferrets; i have
forgotten.

Steve tells people that our lease at the time said no dogs and no cats
so we got a ferret! Not exactly accurate since it said no pets, but it
makes for a very good story.