From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 10:48:31 -0700
This is Susie Lee at the Ferret & Dove Sanctuary.

Today we laid to rest among a bed of carnations and marigolds old Shadow
Superguy Ferret who had been fighting a long, long running battle with
lower intestinal cancer.  He put up with most of the many and various
medications except the most bitter, until we and his vet found his own
special combination that gave him some relief; one of these was very tiny
daily doses of an item called DiarSanyl made to treat lower intestinal
irritations in dogs.  I had been feeding him an especially bland version
of our own "duck soup" mix every four hours all around the clock, plus
extra water after each feeding, for the better part of the last three
months and I'm missing feeding him, already, because he was so good and
quietly patient, heaving a great sigh after he was done and laying his
little head on my arm in appreciation.  Shadow Superguy was a black
sable, handsome when he was younger, who had a sister named Caira The
Winsome who had passed-on about two years before, in 2002.

Now these close siblings are once again together, in some of the greatest
of company, too.  Two years before, I wrote Caira's Lullaby.  Now it is
become Caira The Winsome's and Shadow Superguy's lullaby....

 .~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.
 Rest your souls in gentle peace:~*~.~*~
All your pain and troubles ceased:~*~.~*~
Someday, soon, we'll meet again:~*~.~*~
At the Rainbow Bridges' end:~*~.~*~
Now all the angels softly make:~*~.~*~
A bough of fleecy clouds and take:~*~.~*~
Your loving spirits , with shining wings,:~*~.~*~
A lullaby for you they'll sing. ~*~.~*~

 ......bye bye Shadow Superguy.
The Ferret And Dove Sanctuary, Inc.
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html