From:
Ron Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 16:50:20 -0500
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: money, money and more money
>
>But it kind of gets my goat for people to ask for money for a situation
>they created.  I'm talking about the guy in Ca. with the 13 confiscated
>ferrets.  You can't tell me that he didn't know they were illegal.  He was
>on this list.  I'm really sorry that he got caught, but he shouldn't have
>had them in the first place.  He took a risk and lost, why should we pay
>for that?
>
>There is just so many situations beyond an individual or shelter's
>control, that could really use the donation.  I don't feel it's fair for
>someone that lost the gamble to be taking donations.

Faith,

I certainly hope you are alone in this opinion.  True he knew that ferrets
are against the law in CA.  But does that give the F&G Gestapo the right to
confiscate his pets?

Through out American history, we have stood up to tyranny, and fought for
our rights.  That is all that Mark is doing.  He is being an American.

This list is the perfect place for him to seek help.  Where else is he
going to find as many people that have the same interest in righting the
wrong that has been done to him.

Faith, please don't take this as a flame because it isn't.  You publicly
stated your opinion and I am doing the same.  Where do you think that we
got the right to do this?

Ron AKA Fuzzie Dad
Rascal,Treble,Cocoa,Screech,Moose,
Charlotte,Havoc,Casey,Hanna,& Dodger
Never forgetting Loki & Spaz waiting at th bridge
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/5886