Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:54:43 EDT
Hello FMLers,

It has been a long while since I have written to you all.  For those who
do not know me, my name is Pam Troutman, and I am the director of Shelters
That Adopt & Rescue Ferrets (STAR*).  This is a not-for-profit ferret
referral service to put people in touch with ferret resources in their
area.

What I'm writing to you today for is STAR* has the opportunity to have
it's literature displayed at the Conference on Homeless Animal Management
and Policy (CHAMP) in August in Nevada.  They are expecting over 600
attendees and more than 80 exhibitors.  Since STAR* has ceased to produce
a newsletter, I have no income to pay for the display fee of $125.00.
I'm willing to pay for the copy costs of the literature and it's mailing,
but it would be helpful to have support from the ferret community for the
rest.  Chances are, this will be the only ferret related literature at
this event.

I will make no profit from this venture -- any monies collected over the
display fee will go towards material copying, or if I receive way over the
requested amount, I'll get two display pockets and not only will STAR*
trifolds appear, but so will ferret care and local resource lists be added
to the display.  Anyone who has assisted me with the STAR* booth during
the last ten years with the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS)
knows what I give away to educate animal care people about ferrets.

Please make checks payable to Pam and mail to the address below.  Thanks!

For info on the conference, go to www.champconference.org
For info on STAR*, Visit STAR* at www.thepetproject.com/ptff.html

To receive a nicely printed listing of ferret shelters, contacts, vets,
suppliers, breeders, clubs, etc., in your state by mail, send a LONG self
addressed stamped envelope and $1 to:

STAR* Ferrets
PO Box 1832
Springfield, VA 22151-0832

To review the ENTIRE listing, visit Ferret Central at
http://www.ferretcentral.org/for-others/database.html