From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 17:27:27 -0400
>Baby Food - I've been giving her Heinz chicken (with broth) baby food
>since she was a kit.  I've tried getting Gerbers, but was told it's no
>longer available here.  Anyway, every time I give this to her, she gets
>dark-red-brick coloured stools.  And they have no form.  Looks like a
>pile of goo.  Could this be from a variation in ingredients between
>brands?  Something more serious?  I've never heard of a ferret that has
>had this reaction (every time) to baby food.

Baby food does tend to give smaller looser stools than normal.  But I've
never heard of someone having this type of reaction.  However, if it is
only when she gets baby food, then my suggestion is to stop for a while,
and if it doesn't recur, don't give the baby food.

"Doctor, it hurts when I do that!"

"Don't do that."

Works every time.

With kindest regards,