Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:10:16 -0500
(I laughed til I cried, it's all too true!!)

On the first day of Christmas my Ferret gave to me
The topper from the Christmas tree.
On the second day of Christmas my Ferret gave to me
Two corner presents
And the topper from the Christmas tree.
On the third day of Christmas my Ferret gave to me
Three punctured ornaments
Two corner presents
And the topper from the Christmas tree.
On the fourth day of Christmas my Ferret gave to me
Four broken window candles
Three punctured ornaments
Two corner presents
And the topper from the Christmas tree.
On the fifth day of Christmas my Ferret gave to me
Five chewed-up stockings
Four broken window candles
Three punctured ornaments
Two corner presents
And the topper from the Christmas tree.
On the sixth day of Christmas my Ferret gave to me
Six soggy ribbons
Five chewed-up stockings
Four broken window candles
Three punctured ornaments
Two corner presents
And the topper from the Christmas tree.
On the seventh day of Christmas my Ferret gave to me
Seven scraps of paper
Six soggy ribbons
Five chewed-up stockings
Four broken window candles
Three punctured ornaments
Two corner presents
And the topper from the Christmas tree.
On the eighth day of Christmas my Ferret gave to me
Eight tiny reindeer fragments
Seven scraps of paper
Six soggy ribbons
Five chewed-up stockings
Four broken window candles
Three punctured ornaments
Two corner presents
And the topper from the Christmas tree.
On the ninth day of Christmas my Ferret gave to me
My wreath in nine pieces
Eight tiny reindeer fragments
Seven scraps of paper
Six soggy ribbons
Five chewed-up stockings
Four broken window candles
Three punctured ornaments
Two corner presents
And the topper from the Christmas tree.
On the tenth day of Christmas my Ferret gave to me
Ten Christmas cards I shoulda mailed
My wreath in nine pieces
Eight tiny reindeer fragments
Seven scraps of paper
Six soggy ribbons
Five chewed-up stockings
Four broken window candles
Three punctured ornaments
Two corner presents
And the topper from the Christmas tree.
On the eleventh day of Christmas my Ferret gave to me
Eleven unwrapped presents
Ten Christmas cards I shoulda mailed
My wreath in nine pieces
Eight tiny reindeer fragments
Seven scraps of paper
Six soggy ribbons
Five chewed-up stockings
Four broken window candles
Three punctured ornaments
Two corner presents
And the topper from the Christmas tree.
On the twelfth day of Christmas my Ferret gave to me
A dozen ferret kisses...
and I forgot all about the other eleven days.

Author Unknown

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends the animals. Especially
for the animals who are suffering; for any that are hunted or lost or
deserted or frightened or hungry; for all that must be put to death. We
entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity and for those who deal with
them, we ask a heart of compassion and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals and so to share the
blessings of the merciful.
written by Albert Schweitzer

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary
than our own live within a fragile circle; easily and often breached.
Yet, still we would live no other way." - Irving Townsend
 "Give me the helpless, the lost, the homeless little ones struggling
just to live, the innocent refuse of an uncaring land. Send these,
the weak abandoned lives to me - I offer hope, care, warmth & love."

The Pledge of a Rescue Worker