From:
"Cindy C. Sooy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 00:17:20 -0600
Thanks to all who wrote me concerning my friend's ferret that had blood in
his urine and had been straining after urination.  My vet did an exploratory
today.  She said his bladder walls are very thick and stay disdended even
after urination, giving him the sensation of a full bladder, hence the
continued straining.  She sent a tissue sample off to Dr. Williams.  She
said it looked like scar tissue or some type of fibrosis.  Unfortunately,
she didn't think there was anything that could be done for him.  He is on
pred and hopefully, that will ease his discomfort.  Right now he is eating
and playing normally and seems to be a happy little boy.  My friend will
sadly have to make a call if the pred does not help and his quality of life
dwindles.  I will post again when the biopsy results come back.

Cindy Sooy
DreamCatcher Ferrets