From:
"Anna M. Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 11:45:45 +0000
>From:    DJ & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Skinny ferrets from Breeders??
>I'm just posting becuase I am quite curious about something...most of the
>male ferrets I know are VERY skinny and small... and were neutered/descented
>at 6 weeks of age.  Could this possibly be why they are so small...

I have a MF male ferret who is quite tubby.  Everyone who has seen him has
commented on his size.It's not JUST fat, overall he's just big.  He lost
some weight right after his adrenal surgery but gained it all right back.
We had another MF male that was no comparrison to Beckett in size, but he
was significantly larger than the females.  My first ferret was from a
breeder.  I never had him neutered (stinky boy!) and he was about the same
size as Max.3 (the smaller male).  I'm not so certain age at the time of
neutering reflects in the size.  Maybe I've just had quite a few
exceptions...But I'm not saying neutering at a young age is GOOD, I'm saying
it hasn't effected the size of my boys.

Anna
 and the crew