From:
Morgan Willard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 1997 02:16:07 -0400
Okay, it's been a really long time since I've posted, so let me reintroduce
the family.

First we have Jake and Buck, my two boys who were purchased together 'cause
I couldn't bear to separate them (they were the last two).  They were the
first and it's been about a year and a half.  Jake is super tiny for a boy -
a little over a pound sometimes all the way up to 1.5 pounds.

Then we have Angel.  She should have been named Xena - 'cause she's a
totally "Wild Weasel Warrior" girl.  She's bigger than either of the boys
and is the most sweet natured thing I've ever seen.  We got her last
December when she was 12 weeks old.

Okay, the problem is this: Buck worries me 'cause I just don't think he eats
enough.  He should weigh more than Angel, in my opinion.  However, he barely
hits 2 pounds.  He feels bony to me.  He eats, runs, plays and poops just
fine.  Was checked out by the vet a while back and was given a clean bill of
health.

It's like he just forgets to eat.  If I feed him by hand, he'll take it and
eat it - usually.  But if he's eating and gets distracted, he doesn't seem
to remember to go back.  He's getting a little bonier than usual and I've
tried hand feeding him to make him think he's getting a "treat".  It works
for a short amount of time, but then he's had enough.  I don't think it's an
obstruction, 'cause he acts like he feels fine.  He has GREAT poop (as the
litterbox cleaner I can testify to the fact that they ALL are okay in that
department).  They do get hairball remedy on a regular preventative basis
and I have tried the Ferretvite to stimulate appetite.

Any suggestion?  Is this normal?  He's the only one who's weight I worry
about.  His coat looks good, suggesting to me that his diet is okay for the
most part.  They get Totally Ferret, BTW.

Any and all comments appreciated,
Morgan