From:
Darlene Connon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 23:31:19 -0700
I watched Extraordinary Animals: Superheros tonight on Animal Planet
(Canada), they had a segment about ferrets and how they are sometimes
used to run wire and such. They had James Mckay on the show and how he
has a training school for ferrets. It was very interesting (also some
very gorgeous ferrets).

There was also a race between a ferret and his trainer and a father &
son electrician team, the idea was to see which team could pull the
wire thru the maze the quickest.

The jest of the show was to show how animals that people wouldn't
consider as "workers", really could have a place in some situations.

I hope everyone who hasn't seen the show will get a chance to see it
in repeats. Even the part that shows what "african rats" are doing is
fascinating and those rats are huge!
(I found this listings for Canada on Animal Planet. Couldn't find a US
listing)

Extraordinary Animals: Superheroes
It's man versus beast as two ferrets are pitted against a father and
son team of electricians; rats are almost universally loathed, but
in Africa they have earned respect for saving lives by sniffing out
landmines and detecting tuberculosis.
Saturday, October 18, 2008 at 4:30 PM (EST)
Sunday, October 19, 2008 at 6:30 PM (EST)
Monday, October 20, 2008 at 4:30 AM (EST)

Darlene,Koby,Dontae&Jayla
Remembering Abby&Nike