Date:
Sat, 31 May 2014 08:49:01 -0400
Hello cyber friends!

Daisy and Sarah checking in to bring you up to date on what is going
on here at the shelter. We know we have been a bit slow on the news
these past few months, no excuse just super busy keeping Mum on track
with important things like the play yard reconstruction and getting
ready for clinic day. Here is the link to some pictures taken the day
everyone was here to fix our play yard.
http://www.ferretfarm.org/PossumRants.html or
https://www.facebook.com/LakeroadFerretFarm

Oh my it was a grand day of fun, laughter, hard work and dirty hands.
It is done!!! We can play in our play yard and be safe, Bandit and
Gambit got to try it out first, first time ever for them to be in it
and first after it was fixed. Mum got some video of them. Miss Tori
has it posted on their page.
http://www.ferretfarm.org/ferrets/Bandit_Gambit/Bandit_Gambit.html

Thanks everyone for talking Mum into fixing it, and for all the
donations and strong backs that came in to help get the job done!

Daisy Here: Hey Sarah you're a bit long winded girl, let's get on
with it!

Clinic day is just 14 days from today. How fast that has gotten here.
So much to do; to get ready for all the folks that will stop by to
join in the fun. Here is the link to see all about it,
http://www.ferretfarm.org/events/ClinicDay.html

You do not need to see OFD to enjoy the day. It is a fun day to just
get to know one another better or meet new shelter friends, talk about
fur kids, eat good food, get in on the raffles and most fun of all
watch Miss Mary B do her thing as auctioneer!

She does get the crowed riled up! Our auction is made up of donations
that have come in throughout the year, June to June. Ferret related
and then some. What ever comes in that Mum can not use for us fur kids
or around the shelter she packs up and sets aside for Miss Mary to
auction off. All proceeds go to us shelter fur kids.

Mum got word that Miss Erin and Mr. Chris are going to bring Henry
so Mum can see him again. He is living down near Queen's NY now!
http://www.ferretfarm.org/ferrets/Henry/Henry.html
Mum is just so excited to love on him again even if it is just
for a short time.

Sarah here: Now we have a very important question, Mum is looking for a
"hand me down" you know how Mum prefers to recycle things if she can so
before she goes out to spend money on something she looks around to see
if anyone has one sitting in a corner basement or garage not being
used. Here is what is going on.

The humidity is high enough that it is not only making our food yucky;
(she had to toss some in the trash it was so bad) it is setting off our
smoke alarms. Mum woke to one screaming at 1 am in the shelter because
it was so humid. So she is looking for a used dehumidifier to be passed
on to us.. Mum has been on line looking at them and they are pretty
pricey, so if there is one out there not being used she would just as
soon accept a hand me down/recycle to another home than go buy one. If
you have one sitting around will you let her know please?

That alarm screaming in the middle of the night in our shelter is a
very rude awakening! To say nothing of how it hurts our ears until
Mum hears it to come take the battery out of the silly smoke alarm
so it stops.

Daisy here: Speaking of hand me downs/recycle we had a bunch of reptile
stuff passed on to us.. to think some humans believe we are reptiles..
HUMPH!

Reptiles don't have fur WE DO! We generate our own heat we DO NOT use
heat rocks to keep warm! Anyway Mum asked us to see if there were any
of you cyber friends out there that could use it.. it is a Hodge Podge
of stuff but she does not want to send it to the landfill - there must
be some scaly critter out there that could/would like to use it. Let us
know she will pack it up and get it to you. She says first come first
serve though.

Well Sarah I think we have gotten the news done. We hope to see you on
clinic day.. Ta Ta for now

Daisy and Sarah - Keeping Mum on her toes!