From:
California Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 May 1996 04:22:23 -0400
>Anyway for FYI I saw the 10:00 newscast on Fox last night.  It showed 60
>dead chickens and approx 10 dead rabbits- they all had a single bite and
>were drained of blood.  The Fish and Game of CA attributed the attack to a
>weasel- and a single weasel at that.  With the demonstration set to occur
>on the 14th it seems to be quite a coincidence.  The owner of the ranch
>said that the creature that attacked his chickens etc.  was a mythical
>animal well known in Mexico.

This was in last night's FML.  I feel that it should be commented on.

It's very possibly true, as weasels are wild animals that may or may not
attach livestock.  The domestic ferret is in that same family, much in the
same way the house cat is in the same family with lions and tigers or wolves
are in the same catagory as poodles.  Weasels do undoubtedly attack for life
supporting food, but Domestic Ferrets DO NOT.... they don't know how to,
they've been domestic too long.

I don't know what FOX station that was, but whoever saw the report should
contact the station and make that clear to them...

Thanks,
 CDFA1