From:
Korri Fleming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 07:40:58 -0400
It is with a heavy heart and many tears to tell everyone that Laverne
crossed over the Rainbow Bridge this morning.  The vet called me at 5:30 to
let me know so I wouldn't drive the hour to Shelburne to pick her up to go
to N.H.  I miss her so much!  Everything I look at around the house reminds
me of her.  Poor Shirley is looking for her sister but can't find her.  She
keeps coming up to us as if asking, "where is she mom?" I never thought it
would be so hard.  She sure put a spell on me!

She was a good girl.  We are glad to have had the chance to take care of
her.  I just wish we could have done more for her.  She is in a better
place now... chewing on remotes, knocking over candles, stealing anything
and everything that wasn't tied down (if she could drag it.... it was
gone)..  she was a loving big sister... a real sweet kisser (I really
enjoyed my nose kisses)... she loved playing tag and hide a seek.  I'm
sure she'll have many friends to play with now.

Good Bye Sweet Laverne...   daddy, Shirley and I love you!