From:
"Tara C. Radford" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 13:10:46 -0700
This months raffle is for the WONDERFUL Lisa and her Shelter kids, of
Ferret Haven by the Sea/Va Beach.Va

Lisa has been CMF's medical advisor for ages now and we wanted to "give
back" and show her just how much our members Love & Appreciate her.
Finally, here we are.  Every time i have tried to give Lisa anything,
i get "I'm Ok, give it to so & so, we will be fine"  This time we just
did it;)))

A bit of history.....
Lisa's Shelter is full of elderly ferrets, the youngest being just over
4 yrs old.  The older the ferret, the less chance that poor lil ferret
has of finding a Forever home;(  Plus as we know, the older the ferret
the more likely medical issues are to arise.  At the present time, her
monthly Vet bills are running about $300.  00.  She has 10 on Lupron
Therapy and 2 more facing operations next week.  Lisa recently saved a
lil kit named Rocky Bobble, who had bacterial meningitis.  They were
advised to put him, down.  Not Lisa!  Another challenge!!  It was a major
struggle, but under her love & care, Rocky blossomed into a wonderful
lil kit and is doing terrific in his new home.  His medical care was not
cheap, however and Lisa paid the $922.00 herself.  Working full time and
supporting a Shelter is not an easy feat.  Sure is one we respect, tho!!
Lisa Rocks!

Oh sure, Lisa COULD have plenty of money to blow..  but she doesn't.  Her
Shelter kids ALWAYS come first;)

At this time, in Lisa's own words "We are hangin' in there" but with the
ages of her residents, every second could bring a surprise.  An expensive
one.  Money is going out but without adoptions, none coming in;(

We have never known Lisa to turn a ferret away,  no matter the situation.
We think/know she is an Angel;))

This is one of our BEST Raffles, yet;))  The prizes are totally amazing!

First prize another of Erics fantastic Tornado Toys... these toys are
LOVED by every ferret who is lucky enough to get to play. ;)  Value?
Roughly $80.00 inc shipping... nice to "win" one~!

The second prize?? HUGE!
Everything from one of Junes big fun playmats/sleepsacks, a darling
ferret watch, to a complete bedding set created by Rosemary German & 2
pieces done by Kat Parsons... Value?  Don't know.  At least $150.00`!!!!

Then we have charming baskets, stuffed full of ferret goodies, for 3rd &
4th prizes.

You can't go wrong on this one!
So please buy tickets & buy BIG???  [Buy BIG?  I'm not for sale!  BIG]
The proceeds will be split between Lisa's kids and the CMF emergency med
fund...;)
Please click on our URL here:
http://www.geocities.com/mookiejoey/CMF_Medical_Fund_Raffle.html

 ....and LOOK,LOOK,LOOK!!!!!!

Then?  BUY,BUY.BUY!!!!

Now, you can even charge your tickets!!!!  We take Pay pal, charges,
check, money order or cash....;)  Everything but food stamps;))

So get yer' lil butts in gear & help??? (lol)

Thanks so very much!!!!!!  You are keeping these Shelters going with your
support~!!!!  You are Awesome!!;)

Sending Love,
ClubMedFerrets & Lisa Haven;)