From:
Sharon Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:19:19 EST
Diet: thanks to all who answered my question about Rocky's weight.  The
answers ranged from "that's a little thin" to recipes for weight gain, to
"his weight is ok" to "that's too much and you are killing him." I have
decided that as long as he is healthy and thin, I'm not going to worry
about it (nervous new mother syndrome).  Sometimes he only eats once a
day, less than 2oz.

Treat Q & A: Regarding Foamy Fries, on the package it says not to break
up the long piece, but then Rocky eats the whole thing in one sitting
which fills him up and he doesn't eat his food.  Can I at least break
them in half?

Good way to fool ferrets into thinking their food is a treat: Crush up a
strong smelling treat like 8in1 Ferret Bites, moisten some of the food,
put it in a small jar and shake well.  The food gets coated with the
treat, so when he smells it, he think it's a treat.  It didn't work for
me to just hand Rocky a piece of his food; he goes entirely by packaging
and smell.

Heights: When Rocky was a tiny kit, he'd try to leap great lengths.  I
assumed he thought he could fly, thus Rocco became Rocky, the Flying
Ferret.  He fell a few times from the coffee table, but he has gotten
very good about judging how far he can go, so his vision can't be that
bad.

Newspaper: I use newspaper in corners around my apt. that he chose.  I
also let him walk around the hallway and stairs in my building, which are
usually filthy.  What I do is wash off his feet 1-2 times a week with a
wet (warm) washcloth and a bit of mild soap.  I also wash his underside
(as he sometimes drags in the hallway), and around his mouth where the
saliva makes a stinky b.o. smell (it's not his ears).

Happy Thanksgiving and Dooks to all!

Shron & Rocky

P.S.  I finally found a taker for my Chicken Gravy!  (So BIG doesn't have
to worry about me showing up at his office with it.)