From:
Cynthia ritenour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2011 01:17:27 -0500
That does it. Someone is guilty....I WILL find out who......

I check my email. I let the rowdies out about four hours ago, so most
are snuggled in for a nap before doing some more bits of trouble. Maybe
I should call the them the troubles...........

I innocently think there have been no disasters today.... no one has
discovered a new way to get on the table, I have heard no crashes from
the other ares of the house..... Short lived ignorance on my part......

I go into the sun room to discover that someone has climbed the
bookcase, gotten on top of the buffet, and dug half the dirt artfully
from around the buddha belly plant. I say artfully because the plant is
somehow still standing and it's deep roots, still untouched, are in the
bottom half of the planter. There is plant dirt down the entire length
of the buffet. It is on the window sills behind the buffet, that I
mistakenly painted white. there is dirt spread to most corners of the
sun room. I just swept this today........the tile no longer is white in
spots.....I sigh.......Martin comes to console me as I start to sweep.
then he decides "what a fount of fun! Mom's sweeping...."he bounces
around me then before I can get it swept, goes to one of the most dirty
spots and proceeds to pee in the dirt. Thanks!.......No sweeping that
spot. I go to get a paper towel to soak the mess so I can sweep the
dry stuff...... He follows, curious to see what I'll do next is my
guess..... I get the paper towel and as I turn to go back, Martin
flying squirrels my leg, then bounces around following it up with a
playful nip to the foot. ....Little booger! I get down there, grab
him, roll him over, (he's the most ticklish weasel in the world, I
think .....and tickle him as he laughs silently, mouth open....He holds
the fingers of one hand, so I tickle with the other. He's loving it...
Me too.....back to the mess, I sigh. His paws were clean, being an
albino, I'd know for certain if he was my criminal..... I need to look
further.....He waits patiently for me as I finish cleaning. I put
the dirt from the buffet back in the plant, the floor dirt in the
trash....note to self....buy more dirt for plant.....He follows me as
I go clean their large cage...he likes to help and Cheese comes to add
his help too, like I've never done this before, kids, and you have to
inspect every night to be sure I do it right.....then as I go around
rounding up his buddies, inspecting toes, and placing them back in the
cage for sleep. Not one of these weasels has dirty paws.....I don't
have pixies, or we could blame them.

The criminal gets a reprieve...for now.......but I'm watching........
I can't help but forgive as I tuck them into the hammies for the night,
they stretch and yawn. Martin is the last in.....He snuggles up to the
girls, and as I give him a ruffle and a kiss and he's already
sleeping......

Cindy and the Slightly Used Ferret Gang

Martin was a surrendered neglect case, weighing 1 pound 6 ounces on a
body that measures 24 inches from tip of nose to tip of tail (measured
while asleep.) He had wounds from dragging his back end, as he was so
weak Now he's a gorgeous albino boy and I'm glad to say, mine. My hubby
Russ fell in love with him after seeing his struggles to get well, all
the while never biting or being mean, and told me I had to keep him
after we got him up to weight. Martin gained the will to live, a full
2 pounds and new trust of hoomins in just a few short months. I'm
thinking he may still fill out even more, as he is just a young fellow.
I was the lucky one to give him what he needed. He was destined to be
one of my prized kids.