From:
Michelle Matta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 11:45:41 -0400
A loooonnnggg time ago someone mentioned an idea on the FML about making
an obstacle to block the doorway of a ferret room.

For years now we've been using a baby gate to block the doorway from the
ferret room to the rest of the house.  To prevent them  from climbing up
the gate, we covered it with contact paper.  Worked well, but anyone with
an intelligent ferret knows that it only takes a certain amount of time to
"peel" the contact paper enought to scale the gate.  :)

So I took the advice of some unknown poster who said to use plexiglass so
they can see thru, but not scale the gate.  So I went to home depot,
purchased a piece of paneling moulding (its an 8 ft strip that looks like a
slice of pie shape).  I cut it into 4 two foot pieces and nailed two pieces
in a mirror image to each side of the door frame so that it made a "slot"
so to speak for the plexiglass to slide into.  Works PERFECT.  and the
glass slides in and out, and the total cost was under $7.  The strip of
moulding was $.87.  The plexiglass was cheap because they cut it to size
there.  Don't remember off hand how much because I got it over 6 months ago.

Worthwhile though.  If you want better directions, let me know in private
email.

- Mish

____MICHELLE Z. MATTA____
Desktop Support Consultant