From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:41:44 -0400
Whew!  It's been a long time since I've been able to read some, let alone
respond to a FML...

>Also, if you find more of the spiders it may be a good idea to have the
>house "bombed" as they can kill small animals and could make you or a
>family member very ill.

You know vaccuming, sweeping, and mopping do wonders on cutting down bug
populations without the use of noxious chemicals.  If you read through
back FML's, chemicals used to "bomb" places have been more dangerous to
people and especially small animals then spiders have been.  I'd suggest
the non-toxic road first.  You'll probably be happy with the results.

BTW, not all spiders are bad house guests.  I've shared my living space
with spiders for many years.  They are great ways to control ants, flies,
and more.  And if I end up not wanting a spider in my house, I catch it
and put it outside where they can help my gardens.  If it is possible, I
think this is a better approach.

-kim, pippi (Raisins!), atlas (splash-splash-splash), jinx (kiss-kiss),
 and rosie (the terror or tiny town)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.